1,300 Things to be Grateful for
Gratitude has been on my mind a LOT lately. I’ve loved Stephanie Violets‘s series documenting 25 things each week she is thankful for, 1,300 things in a year.
And I’ve told myself about 100 times I NEED TO DO THAT!
I also NEED to read ‘One Thousand Gifts’ a wonderful book by Ann Voskamp i’ve had for months but have only read the first chapter.
And surprise, surprise yesterday Pastor Jeff totally brought down the house preaching about gratitude and appreciation! Watch the message here.
I’m going to start the book this week and I’m going to start documenting things from the serious to the silly I am grateful for right now!
So here is week 1:
1. a 30-40 min drive to church… there are people in other countries who WALK miles, and some at my church who drive 1000 miles every week to be the first one there and the last one to leave. George Kapusta and his wife are incredible servants of God and they put my 30 mins in perspective
2. My incredible leader Jill, she is a beautiful, funny, stylish, sweet and Godly lady and I am so blessed to have her! (her hubby Brad rocks too!)
3. Lifepoint Church as a whole, the pastors, staff, volunteers, and those who just attend. Lifepoint was the home I was searching for and never have I felt so loved and in my place at a church.
4. My Grandma Dear. This woman gave a retired life up to take care of me and my brother after raising six kids of her own. She is a beautiful example of what it is like to truly live for and serve others.
5. Ice Cream Sandwiches for breakfast
6. A beautiful home on 6 acres of land. I am surrounded by God’s Creativity
7. Robbie, he loves me, makes me smile, and is constantly giving up his time to spend it with me. I am so blessed to call him mine.
8. The rest of the Austin family.: Andy, Alison and Sarah have opened their hearts and arms and made me a part of their family.
9. Lucy, the best dog in the world.
10. Being a stay-at-home granddaughter
11. Books, and having a Kindle for more books. I love love love love love reading. 🙂
12. My beach cruiser 🙂
13. Technology, a new cell phone and being able to chat with Grandma on instant messenger while she is in the hospital
14. A beautiful cross necklace, a gift from Grandma, but also a reminder of the life Christ gives me.
15. Blogging, and the friendships I’ve found through it
16. Fresh berries
17. My blankeys 🙂
18. Gorgeous weather
19. Playing with kitties at Petsmart
20. Gift cards
21. Chickens that provide lots of eggs
22. Fresh veggies from our yard
23. Jayme, Aimee, Hope, and Peyton.
24. Chick Flicks
25. Pink Nail polish